The root of all of our problems
To hate others is ugly. To hate yourself is uglier
The root cause of most of our problems in life is a diminished self worth. The situation or struggles we face is just a symptom. Underlying every issue we face in life and every difficult decision we make is the issue of self-esteem, or how we view ourselves. No matter the situation, from relationships to work, self-esteem is the consistent cause of the situation.
The problem is we tend to focus on the symptoms and ignore the root cause. We go through life worrying and fearing the outcomes instead of addressing how we feel about ourselves and why we accept or tolerate less than we deserve.
The following is a list of behaviors we often use as a result of our insufficient levels of self esteem:
- We believe that we aren't good enough or deserve better.
- We overcompensate by trying to door be better than others
- We do things for others to try and make ourselves feel better
- We compromise on things that make us uncomfortable
- We stay in toxic relationships even though we want to run
- We tolerate unacceptable behavior from ones we love
- We don't set or enforce boundaries to protect ourselves
- We don't ask for what we want and settle
- We use negative self talk to berate ourselves
- We seek perfection instead of acceptance of what is
- We focus only on the negatives and miss out on the joys
- We suffer in quiet and fear speaking up
- We don't feel gratitude for all we have that is a blessing
Once we become AWARE that we are participating in one of these unhealthy behaviors we have the power to change it. Through AWARENESS we can change how we react to triggers and work on our own self-esteem issues.
One of the easiest and most effective ways to work on your self-esteem is positive self talk and affirmations.
Here is a list of 50 positive affirmations. Pick a few that you feel you need to hear and make it part of your life. Repeat it to yourself until it becomes truth.
- I am a special person. There’s nobody else like me.
- I love myself.
- I love myself more and more each day.
- I am worthy of love.
- I am worthy of happiness.
- I am worthy of success.
- I deserve to be paid well for my skills.
- I am supported in all I do in life.
- I have the power to create the life I want.
- I am beautiful, intelligent, fun, and full of life.
- I am a successful and happy person.
- People value my work, my time, and my love.
- I believe in myself.
- One of my most remarkable qualities is [fill in the blank].
- I am surrounded by grace and positivity.
- Nothing can stop me from achieving my dreams.
- People want to hear my thoughts and opinions. My voice is important.
- I am enough.
- I am perfect just the way I am.
- I respect myself, and others appreciate me.
- The love I give myself is reflected in all areas of my life.
- There’s absolutely nothing out of my reach.
- I can have everything I want in life.
- I am doing a great job.
- I attract wonderful things into my life.
- I am whole and complete.
- There’s nothing I need to do or be to earn love or respect.
- My body is beautiful, exactly the way it is.
- Everything is possible for me.
- I have everything I need to succeed.
- What I want is coming to me.
- I am worthy of the compliments I receive.
- My contributions are valued and appreciated.
- There’s nothing I need to change about myself to be accepted and loved.
- Nothing is more potent than my belief in me.
- My goals are already being accomplished.
- I am creative, strong, powerful, brave, and inspired.
- People look up to me.
- People want what I have.
- Many people like me and admire me.
- I am deeply grateful for my body, my health, and my unique talents.
- Each day I am more & more aware of my innate beauty, creativity & abundance.
- My life is a miracle, and I belong here.
- I believe in my ability to express my true self with ease.
- I am grounded, supported, and deeply loved.
- I am empowered to have the things I seek.
- I deserve everything good that comes to me.
- I can assert myself and stand up for myself and others.
- I like who I am and who I am becoming.
- I have much self-worth and inner beauty.